Ian Thomas Livingstone – Planning Consultant
I am a Copenhagen-based chartered town planner, possessing Membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute since 2014. I have worked primarily in the UK and Ireland to date, providing me with a wide and varied scope of knowledge.
I possesses 7 years of professional experience working across a range of planning and development, specialising in renewable energy, regeneration of brownfield urban lands, masterplanning and strategic development.
I have a depth of experience in due diligence and site feasibility studies in both a commercial and planning context; progressing and managing planning applications from inception to completion. This includes substantial elements of project management, collating design teams and providing direction and strategy to clients in order to secure successful outcomes and deliver development.
I have an inherent interest in social aspects of urban and rural planning and believe that engagement with local communities and stakeholders is essential to delivering development which is most needed and is most beneficial to the receiving environment.
I have been involved with, project managed and secured planning permission for:
- Residential development (urban and rural).
- Student accommodation.
- Commercial and mixed use development.
- Hotel and retail development.
- Masterplan preparation.
- Wind farm projects.
I also possess experience in:
- Preparing inputs and assembling Environmental Impact Assessment Reports.
- Research projects undertaken on behalf of the Scottish Government contributing to the Planning Act 2019.
- Public consultation and community engagement.
- Promoting lands and justification for the inclusion of lands in Municipal Plans, Local Development Plans and Local Area Plans.
- Preparing and submitting first and third party appeals on behalf of clients.
- Representing clients at Local Planning Area Committee meetings.